Online Parent Support Chat

I have called the police three times now...

Parents Support One Another @ MyOutOfControlTeen.com/support = I need help with the following issue:

Last night my daughter who is 13 got angry because she couldn't get on the computer. I had taken away her privilege for being disrespectful. She continued to raise her voice. I detached and went about my business. She began throwing things and eventually was so out of control she smashed the front door window as I was leaving the house to go food shopping. This is her pattern. I have called the police three times now; she has gone to court and has to do community service but she seems unfazed. I feel unsafe, angry and hurt.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you did fine. She got a consequence - community service.

Anonymous said...

Good that you called the cops - always do that when she goes off like that.

Anonymous said...

If you have given in to her for the last 13 years - then no wonder she's pissed that you are now [13 years later] implementing some rules and limits.

Anonymous said...

Hand in there. This is how it goes. It gets worse before it gets better.

Anonymous said...

If you lay down the initial foundation as outlined in Mark's ebook (i.e., the bonding stuff), then you usually don't get your head bit off when you take a kid's computer away. You may want to review sessions 1 and 2.