Online Parent Support Chat

Does paying for activities such as Scouts and music lessons count as over-indulging?

Parents Support One Another @ MyOutOfControlTeen.com/support = I need help with the following issue:

I have just finished learning the material in Week One. Does paying for activities such as Scouts and music lessons count as over-indulging? I like my kids to do these things and there's no way they could earn enough to cover the cost with their allowance. They are aged 11 and 13.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENT

I would say Scouts and music lessons fall more into the "education" category rather than the "fun and games" category. I don't think you should pay them for these things, but it's certainly o.k. for you to fund these activities.

Mark Hutten, M.A.

No comments: