Online Parent Support Chat

Chore Problems

RE: I need help with the following issue: I have instigated the chores in order for my daughter to earn her pocket money. She often eats out at restaurants with friends. I asked her this morning to hang up some washing in return for restaurant lunch money she has asked for. She is saying she shouldn't do chores for food and I am saying a restaurant meal is a privaledge that requires a chore. She says that she will do the required chore today because she's on school holiday but in future she won't have time because of school work. This sounds like bulldust. She says the bulk of her pocket money is going on food i.e. meals and I should be contributing to this for free. should I contributing ? There is food at home.

Answer:

Please refer here for recommendations:  http://www.onlineparentingcoach.com/2011/06/teens-and-chore-refusal.html

No comments: