Online Parent Support Chat

I guess I fell off the wagon...

Parents Support One Another @ MyOutOfControlTeen.com/support =

I need help with the following issue: I started this program a couple months back and like stated it started to get worse before it got better and I guess I fell off the wagon. I was struggling as how to draw the line between discipline for things at home while we were having just as much trouble at school. Just as an example: since we were too into video games during the week to be worried about homework. Video games are now gone Monday - Friday, BUT that was also one of the privileges I was using as leverage. So should I do that because it's not just 1 day it's 5 automatic which was said not to do. There are so many issues at home and at school that I'm not sure how to integrate them together. Also, I have 2 other boys and with everything going on, sometimes I give a punishment or take away a privilege and then a few hours later with so much else going on can't even remember why I specifically gave it to him. Is this unusual? I think I just might be losing my mind!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think 5 days is too long according to the ebook...

Anonymous said...

If he is getting punished at school for behavior problems, then you don't want to punish again at home... Mark calls that double-dipping.