Online Parent Support Chat

He went into a rage, slamming stuff, punching the wall, and cursing at me...

Parents Support One Another @ MyOutOfControlTeen.com/support = I am starting week one, last night I talked with my 17 year old son. I told him that changes are coming, with that he went into a rage. I did say no to him in regards to playing his video games, since he did not do homework. I explained to him that he can play the same amount of time that he does his homework. Again, he went into a rage, slamming stuff, punching the wall, and cursing at me. He has so much anger… am I doing the right thing?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like you're right on track. Hand in there !!

Anonymous said...

You go mom!

Anonymous said...

I think the goal of week #1 in the program is to use the bonding strategies - not imposing consequences so soon. Sounds like you're working ahead of yourself, which may get you some bad results.