Online Parent Support Chat

She is on the phone at night sometimes till 11:30 -11:45pm...

Parents Support One Another @ MyOutOfControlTeen.com/support = I need help with the following issue:

I have a 15 yr. old and she is on the phone at night sometimes till 11:30 -11:45pm and has school the next day. I would like her to get off the phone sooner and have asked her to do that. She has said to me that as long as she is getting up on time for school and her HW is done why am I having a problem with it? If she continues to get up on time and has her HW done is this one of those pick your battles? I am not sure if this is one battle I should leave alone, unless it starts to interfere with her getting up for school or having her HW done. Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it doesn't conflict w/school - I would let it slide.

Anonymous said...

She should earn that phone time as described in Mark's eBook.

Anonymous said...

My son started this way, and I let it slide, next thing I knew he was falling asleep with the phone to his ear, dropped out of school, and its been downhill since, can't say the same will happen, but putting on limits now may save you both in the future, good luck.