Online Parent Support Chat

How long do you let your young children talk on the phone when their friends call?

My daughter (she's just in the 5th grade) just got her first phone call from a buddy tonight and she talked on the phone quite awhile. Do you keep it to 10 minutes or so? We both work, and after dinner and baths don't have a lot of family time together, and she sees her friends after school. I think it's great that she has her own special friends, but also want to have time in the evening to read books and work on writing, etc. and to play. :)

Thank you!

Online Parent Support

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great that she has friend calling her. I think 10 minutes is a fair amount for her age. My daughter is in first and has gotten 2 phone calls and I let her talk for about 7 or 8 minutes. What do they have to talk about? He he. After that much time, they get bored and ramble. Good luck. :)

Anonymous said...

My parents went by age. At five you got 5 minutes. At 10 you got ten minutes and so on. We never got to have long phone calls but got what we wanted to say , said, in our allotted time. :)

Anonymous said...

Well my 10-year-old daughter talks a lot on the phone about 40 minutes, but not all at the same time like 20 and 20.

Anonymous said...

For about five minutes. They don't have a lot to talk about.