Online Parent Support Chat

What do I trade off?

I have recieved 5 telephone calls in the past two weeks from school about my child. Today, they called to tell me that he has been expelled for a day. The principal and a school psychologist are pressuring me to put him on medication, but in my experience he has not functioned well on it. He has been on Ritalin- he got violent; Adderall- No one could see any difference in his behavior; and Concerta- he was more attentive but became more aggressive and angry. What do I trade off? Do I give my child medication that will help his grades and in return have a child who is angry and beligerant? Of course, his doctor has diagnosed him ODD. He does have a problem with authority figures. I am hoping that this program will help. Any suggestions to help my son in school without medicating him?

Online Parent Support

No comments: