Online Parent Support Chat

Our daughter got Adderall from a friend...

Our daughter got Adderall from a friend last Wednesday, took 3 of them and sold another one to a friend. We found out on Friday. She is going to be charged, and the school suspended her and will place her out of the school. She really seems to be unaffected emotionally by this. She isn't sad or upset. She has lost all privileges, no phone, computer, TV or leaving the house. I just don't get why she seems so relaxed about it.

Online Parent Support

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please, don't get the blues over her teen apathy. It's a heck of a lot easier to deal with then the self-destructive angst that is just right around the corner. Trust me, I know, I'm a recovering teenager! When I was her age I had a very apathetic view of almost everything...for example: do you know the old saying - The early bird gets the worm? Well, I would have told you.. "Yea, but, on the other hand the early bird gets eaten!" or when my mom tried to get me to practice the piano I would have felt - I have plenty of talent and vision-I just don't care. Hang in there - it sounds like typical teen stuff to me. But, I 'm no expert!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like she got a natural consequence. I'm not sure you need to do anyhting additional at this point. Hang in there!