Online Parent Support Chat

Middle daughter has taken an intense dislike to him....

Please help. I have a new partner of 10 weeks and my middle daughter, who's 12, has taken an intense dislike to him. My two other daughters like him. He is a good guy and does not want to come between me and my children. He would rather walk away and let me sort things out with my pre-teen, who is now saying she wants to go live with her father, who has had very little involvement in her life so far. How can I encourage my
partner to want to stay and work this out? I don't want to lose him but I obviously don't want to lose my daughter either.

Online Parent Support

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

at the end of the day your children are the most important people im your live but at the same time you need to make yourself happy too.this i a difficult one, i married a man my daughter did not like and after 3 years of being in the middle of all their fights i divorced him.i felt i was losing the close relationship i had with my daughter and i decided she was more important.i was constantly in an emotional tug of war between the two of them. this will only work for you if your daughter and your partner are prepared to put in an effort and actually get to konw each other.