Online Parent Support Chat

How should I handle this?

Ok, long story short. My sons father and I are not together and we haven't been together since I was 7 months pregnant and my son is now almost 7 months old.

Last week, we went to court for visitation, custody, and child support. We ended up on agreeing to a graduated visitation schedule (having him come visit Johnny in my home first, then slowly introducing Johnny to his house and eventually spending the night there). However, the child support was an issue we couldn't agree on - and I honestly think he's upset about the amount of support he has to pay.

Visitation time came around on Saturday, dad was a no show. Visitation on Monday, dad was a no show again. Visitation yesterday, dad was a no show.

I have half a mind to call him and ask him if he ever plans on showing up for his visitations... But I'm afraid it will lead into a fight that I just don't want to have. I don't know what to do.

If you were in this situation, how would YOU handle it?

Online Parent Support

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are handling it well. He is upset about the amount he has to pay so he is taking it out on you and Johnny but the only person he is hurting is himself and eventually Johnny. He knows what he has to do and he is going to do what he wants to do. Don't worry about it. Continue to take care of your son and try not to stress you son's father. You know if you call he is only going to upset you and that is not fair to your son. Your baby knows when you're upset, it shows. He isn't worth it.