Online Parent Support Chat

Falsely accused of abusing child...

What is the process when a parent is falsely accused of abusing their child?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Call your local CPS and request a copy of their Policies and Procedures. It contains the
regulations that CPS is supposed to follow. Read the manual and document any violations. Give
your attorney a copy. In court, your attorney can basically "put CPS on trial", forcing them to
defend their actions. This takes the focus off you. If your attorney puts you on the stand, the
focus should be on your concern for your child (i.e., regression, poor grades, behavior changes,
etc.). This strategy will not guarantee a win, but it can change "the flavor of the court" in your